- News & Activities
Moscow Opposition Platform Holding Talks With de Mistura’s Reps in Moscow
The Syrian Moscow opposition platform is holding talks with UN Special Envoy for Syria Staffan de Mistura’s representatives in Moscow.
MOSCOW (Sputnik) — The Syrian Moscow opposition platform is holding talks with UN Special Envoy for Syria Staffan de Mistura’s representatives in Moscow, leader of the platform Qadri Jamil told Sputnik on Friday.
«I am at the meeting with de Mistura’s office representatives. We are discussing technical issues related to the political transition for a second day in a row,» Jamil said.
On Thursday, Russia's Deputy Foreign Minister Mikhail Bogdanov said that de Mistura’s representatives are expected to travel to Damascus, Moscow, Riyadh and Cairo to hold technical talks with Syrian opposition members.
The latest round of intra-Syrian talks took place in Geneva on April 13-27. The Moscow-Cairo group, particularly its Moscow platform led by Qadri Jamil, proposed the idea of appointing several deputies for Syrian President Bashar Assad, and delegating his full powers to them.
- Moscow Opposition Platform Expects Russia's ‘Wise Reaction’ on US Homs Strike
- Jamil: Political process is a weapon of mass destruction towards terrorism
- The Reasons for not Joining, and What's Next..?!
- Statement by Change and Liberation Front
- Moscow-Cairo Opposition Urges to Resume Syria Proximity Talks in August